Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Watch and Don’t be a Prey!


Watch and Don’t be a Prey!

Mark 14:38 Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. NIV

The word of God tells us to watch and pray

To Watch is to, Examine, Inspect, To View, Observe to gaze at and like I would say to my youngest daughter Symantha while I was teaching her to cook Pay close attention and you will learn something!

Oftentimes we miss valuable lessons because we are not mindful of the lesson as a result we in fall into un-necessary situations.  Satan goes about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour and he preys on ignorance ignor-ance. The word ignore is right there in front of our faces

1 Peter 5:8 said it well “Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.”

Be alert of be aware your surroundings watch and pray because the adversary wants to prey on you!

I worked as a Case Manager in the shelter system in Brooklyn NY for a few years where I encountered many challenges one of them I will never forget.

I will share the names to protect a few.  I met a young lady about 30 or so years old that was one of my fellow workers client. She was respectable worked in security and had a young daughter they were patiently waiting for housing or section 8 while living in the shelter.

I didn’t see her for a few years and I remembered her from church because she was one of the mother of the church granddaughters.  I asked her how she was doing and how was the grandmother she “says fine”. The grandmother was a strong woman of God and she believed in deliverance and casting out demons back in the 80s. I felt led to ask her how was her relationship with God and when she was going to go back to church and make it right with God? Her response was I am not ready and I don’t want to be a hypocrite living one way in church and another way at home.

That was the last time I seen her. I went on my holiday vacation and when I returned I saw the newspaper clipping on the wall saying she was missing. She had met some individuals that she really didn’t know got in their vehicle went to a party maybe was drinking too. She was murdered, burned to ashes and her remains was found in a dumpster; the police identified her through her dental records. Now her daughter has no mother all because the mother didn’t watch, be sober and vigilant!

The truth is that we cannot wait to get our lives together before we go to church and make a commitment to God. We cannot get ourselves together but God can.

Romans 5:8

 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Christ didn’t not die for the ones that got it together He died for the ones that were (are) a hot mess, fornicators, adulators, liars, drunkards, me and yes you. The scriptures says still sinners.

For they that are well don’t need a physician but those that are sick, struggling with sin, wicked thoughts, ungodly actions.

Turn your eyes on Jesus Repent [change your mind] before it is too late, He will help you?

Now is the time of Salvation Preacher, Teacher, Church attendee the day you hear my voice harden not your hearts and say I well do it tomorrow, Forgive your enemies today it’s not worth holding on to pain and anger!

Pray and don’t be the adversaries next Prey!

No comments:

Post a Comment